Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jackson facing long sideline stint

Posted June 30, 2011 11:54:00

Seattle Storm centre Lauren Jackson will undergo left hip surgery on Thursday and miss two to three months, but the Australian star hopes to return in time for the WNBA play-offs.

She will have an operation to repair the labrum in her left hip in Colorado.

The three-time WNBA Most Valuable Player was injured last week in a victory over the Tulsa Shock.

"This is a really, really tough decision, but after talking with my doctors and my family, we felt that immediate surgery is the best course of action," Jackson said.

"With something painful like this hip injury, I want to be especially proactive.

"I plan to stay in Seattle to be here with my team and try my best to be back on the court as soon as possible.

"My goal is to be at full strength by the end of the season."

- AFP

Tags: sport, basketball, united-states


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment