Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Jackson out until round six

Updated October 16, 2012 12:57:29

Opals captain and Canberra Capitals forward Lauren Jackson will miss the first five rounds of the WNBL season with hip and hamstring injuries.

Jackson has been assessed by the AIS medical staff and Opals doctor David Hughes after limping through the WNBA finals series with Seattle.

She has already missed the first three games of the WNBL and will miss another two as she undergoes rehabilitation.

"It's been a problem for a long time. When I'd finished the WNBA season I couldn't even walk without limping," Jackson said.

"I'm coming along very well, but I have faith in the AIS people that they are going to make me close to pain free."

Tags: sport, basketball, canberra-2600, act, australia

First posted October 16, 2012 12:57:29


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment