Sunday, December 9, 2012

Capitals hold back Jackson return

Updated October 30, 2012 14:04:44

Canberra Capitals will be without star player Lauren Jackson for Friday night's clash against Sydney University at the AIS Arena.

Jackson was expected to return to the side after intensive rehabilitation for hamstring and back injuries, but was ruled out this morning by the team's medical staff.

Jackson says she is keen to get back on the court, but the decision is for the best.

"It's coming along really well ... I'm jogging and doing things like that now," she said.

"There's still another step in the process to make sure I don't go back to where I was and at this point I think that's the best.

"They don't want me to go backwards and ... for me to be able to stay and play through the season, I can't go backwards."

The Capitals-Flames game will be streamed live on the Grandstand website at 7pm AEDT on Friday, November 2.

Tags: wnbl, basketball, sport, canberra-2600, act, australia

First posted October 30, 2012 12:48:26


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment